Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Food For Life
Today we are going to talk about one of the most gratifying practices of cleaner eating. The detox. There is a fantastic E-book that is available at Foodmatters.tv. It is just $20 and is a plethora of knowledge about healing and cleansing your body from the inside out.
"There is an abundance of documented evidence and research on people the world over healing themselves using nutritional therapies. Cancer, arthritis, diabetes, heart disease and other illnesses have been successfully treated by allowing the cells to detoxify and subsequently delivering nutrients to the cells of the body with wholesome life giving foods. If poor nutrition and an accumulation of toxins initiates disease in the body, then the reverse must also be true. In UNderstanding the the body works both ways, it makes sense to conclude that the prevention is the same as the cure." - Andrew Saul, Phd
A three day cleanse is suggested to start off with, as it is a reasonable amount of time for someone who leads a busy lifestyle. If a seven or even 10 day cleanse can be incorporated into your life, even better!
A basic outline of a great three day cleanse:
- Have a large glass of room temp water with the juice of one lemon and a crushed thumbnail size piece of ginger when you wake up.
- Before breakfast have a green drink. Wheatgrass or barley grass powders are an easy place to start. (You will get used to the taste. We promise!)
- For breakfast make a veggie juice. You can use carrots, beetroot, cucumber and a handful of spinach, and parsley. Also take 1000mg of vitamin C and two 1000mg flax seed oil capsules.
- Between breakfast and lunch have a caffeine free detox tea of peppermint, ginseng, licorice root, ginger or chamomile. You can also drink more green drink if you want!
- Lunch will be a small serving of brown rice and raw/steamed veggies. You can season with sea greens, miso soup, lemon juice and olive oil. Also 1000 mg of Vitamin C.
- Have another veggie juice mid afternoon. This one can have fruits and veggies like carrots, apples and ginger to boost your energy.
- Before bed have a relaxing/ detoxifying tea of peppermint, lemon balm, licorice root, ginger or chamomile.
Follow this for as many days as you can and you will quickly see the results. Your body will eliminate stored waste, which will in turn help you lose weight and feel better and your energy levels will rise. If you have heart problems, you will notice a more regular heartbeat and your circulation will improve through cleansing your liver, kidneys and blood.
For the exact recipes above, and ideas and suggestions on ways to keep up clean eating after you cleanse, download the Food Matters ebook. It is filled with information that will help you stay focused and delicious recipe ideas as well! Tweet