1. Take bigger fashion risks- Start off small...mixing metals and textures with your jewelry, or mixing prints, and textures with your clothing. Stripes with florals, muted prints with something bright, lace and polka dots...the combinations are endless. So take a risk, and freshen up that wardrobe without even having to go shopping!
House of Lavande bracelets:
Gold filled Bangle ($648), clear channel set bracelets ($648 each), Silver bangle ( $448)
2. Subscribe to International magazines- One of our favorite ideas yet. Seeing what is featured, and loved by people all over the world will give you a great new look on things that inspire the fashion icons that inspire us everyday. A local news stand will have magazines from every corner of the globe. A favorite of ours is Italian Vanity Fair.
3. New beauty- We are all always reading about the newest products that "you can't live without" and makeup tips and tricks that "instantly change your look'' but if you are like many of us, we read and we have great intentions of taking the extra few minutes to learn these things, and then it never happens! So after this weekend, grab a few magazines make a list of what you'll need, run to Sephora and stock up on new products and learn some new techniques!
4. Travel- Make a list of the top 5 (or maybe even 10) places you want to visit in the world. Come up with goals and a plan and make it a point to visit them. It's easy to get caught up in daily life and let opportunities pass, so check the status of your passport and get moving! Like St. Augustine says "The world is a book, and those who do not travel, read only a page."
5. Food- No resolution list could possibly be complete without the mention of food. Most of us have the eat healthier, exercise more goal looming somewhere in the back of our minds. But why apply so much pressure on ourselves? Especially with all of the other fun resolutions we have to take care of! This year, keep it simple. Buy a cookbook with healthy recipes, go to more fresh markets, buy more produce and cook at home more often. Without thinking about it too much, just introduce fresher products into your life an you will instantly look and feel better! Check out Williams Sanoma's Eat Well cookbook for some freah ideas!